The British Association for Romantic Studies (BARS) invites postgraduates working in the area of Romantic Studies to apply for a Stephen Copley Postgraduate Research Award. The BARS Executive Committee has established the awards in order to support postgraduate research. They are intended to help fund expenses incurred through travel to libraries and archives necessary to the student's research, up to a maximum of £300. Application for the awards is competitive, and cannot be made retrospectively. Applicants must be members of BARS (to join visit the website). The names of recipients will be announced in the BARS Bulletin and Review, and successful applicants will be asked to submit a short report to the BARS Executive Committee and to acknowledge BARS in their thesis and/or any publication arising from the research trip.
Please send the following information in support of your application:
1. Your name and institutional affiliation.
2. The title and a short abstract or summary of your PhD project.
3. Details of the research to be undertaken for which you need
support, and its relation to your PhD project.
4. Detailed costing of proposed research trip.
5. Details of current or recent funding (AHRC award, etc.).
6. Details of any other financial support for which you have
applied/will apply in support of the trip.
7. Name of supervisor/referee (with email address) to whom application
can be made for a supporting reference on your behalf.
Applications and questions should be directed to the bursaries officer, Dr. Daniel Cook, University of Wisconsin-Madison (firstname.lastname@example.org). The current deadline is 30 April 2012 (further details and reminders will be disseminated via the BARS mailbase).